Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Totally Unrelated Things

I truly am amazed at what brings people to my blog. Today, not one, but THREE people got here by searching for the "Finnish hockey team." (My last post on the subject.) Now, this makes me wonder if something is going on that I should be aware of! Strange.

I have mentioned awhile back that my youngest daughter is getting married. I haven't really written much more about it because I have known NOTHING! For some reason, she just hasn't gotten her act together to do much in the way of planning and I'm too far away to be of much help. Well, last night she called to give a bit of an update. I was aware this might be happening, but it is now official: we are all going to Niagara Falls, Ontario the end of March for the wedding. This is so different from what had been in the planning at first: from 100-150 people down to 9 (including the bride and groom), a pig-roast reception to a small after-wedding dinner, two flower girls to no children, and a backyard location in the midwest to a mini chapel in Canada. I can see this as being a lot of fun--just wish it wasn't happening in the middle of winter! It's gonna be cold.

My taste in music always tended to be more hard rock/heavy metal: love Cream, Led Zepplin, Iron Butterfly, Alice Cooper, Deep Purple, etc. This is why I am as shocked as anyone as to my newest favorite CD: Barry Manilow's The Greatest Songs of the Fifties. It is just so nice and soothing to listen to the mellow music--can't stop listening to it.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:04 AM

    For some reason Barry Manilow didn't surprise me, we both have always had eclectic taste in music, will check that one out for sure! Remember 'Andrew Gold' :) What a pair! Niagra Falls sounds very cool (even cold) and romantic, a great memory! Love seeing my contributions to your blog-feel like we are keeping up again! Love C

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...