Monday, October 13, 2008

Another Win

The Wings seem to be getting a bit more comfortable with each other and won again, 3-1. However, there still is work to be done. Babcock shuffled the lines and the power play definitely needs to be worked on. Hossa has two assists, so that is good--I still can't wait to see him score those goals. He is at +2, so he IS pulling his own weight. Conklin was very, very good tonight. If not for him, the score would have been very different--he made some great saves. I hope this means there are no worries in the net for the season. As for the Hurricanes' goalie: once again I have to wonder what the hell gets into the goalies who play against the Red Wings?!?! Playing against the Wings definitely inspires goalies to bring their 'A' game--and Ward stole a few goals from Wing players tonight. Of course, we got to hear the 'thunk' of the puck hitting the goalpost, too. I guess when a team takes as many shots as Detroit does, it is to be expected. It still seems odd that they can't score more, though.

I should be much more gracious when the Wings win--just accept the win with a smile. And I will try to be better about that. Hopefully I will have the chance again on Thursday when they host the Canucks.


--Detroit Red Wings' Tomas Holmstrom (96), of Sweden, puts the puck past Carolina Hurricanes' Cam Ward (30) while being defended by Hurricanes' Joni Pitkanen (25), of Finland, during the second period of an NHL hockey game in Raleigh, N.C., Monday, Oct. 13, 2008. The Red Wings won 3-1. (AP Photo/Karl B DeBlaker)--

1 comment:

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...