Friday, January 30, 2009

6 And Another 8????

My oldest has given birth to 7 children and she isn't certain that she is done yet. Fine. I have no right to tell her how to run her life--I don't feed the kids or clothe them or pay the bills. But I must say I am quite baffled by the woman who gave birth to the octoplets the other day: She has 6 children already! Granted, she has every right to have as many children as she wants, but still! There seems to be some confusion as to whether she had fertility treatments or had embryos implanted. But, for a woman who had already given birth to six children, why would she need any help having more? And why would a doctor consent to it? It will be quite interesting to see how this plays out. Right now, the mother hasn't been identified as she has asked for privacy.

2 comments:

  1. Good grief.. After having six already, did these babies just walk out? Sheesh.. Can I even call them babies or should I call them a litter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the stories, but according to the headlines, the woman is 'obsessed' with having kids and ALL of them have have come via in vitro. AND she isn't married. What is wrong with these doctors, too? Good grief.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...