Sunday, January 25, 2009

Dreams

Have you ever had a dream that you just can't get out of your head? I'm not talking about a nightmare, just a 'regular' dream. Well, I had TWO of them that I can't shake.

K and I got home early Saturday afternoon after an overnight road trip. For some reason, I was just horribly exhausted, so I fell asleep on the couch around 7:00 PM. (Of course, I woke up at 1:00 AM and couldn't sleep anymore. That is why I'm writing this at six in the morning. No more sleep for me till tonight!) And the couch is where I had my dreams.

The first dream was all about my Baby Boy. Now, I DON'T have dreams about 'celebrities'--EVER. (Fantasies are another story, but I digress. ;)) In this dream, VF was living here in our house. Like someone making $3 million a year would EVER want/need to live with us! His life was playing hockey and he WAS playing for the Wings, so we obviously lived closer to Detroit. It was very strange. The only reason I can think of me dreaming about him is the fact that comments in some of the forums are about his possibly being traded. The Wings have some big guns to sign to new contracts and with the salary cap, everyone is NOT going to be signed. VF has one of the higher salaries right now AND is NOT being as productive as he should be. Although, next year if he is on the first or second line, that should be fixed. (He centers the third line right now and isn't on the power play very often.) I'm really, really afraid he will be traded before I get to see him play in person--and, with our trip to Florida next month, I don't think we will be getting to Detroit THIS season. It was a dream I can't get out of my head.

The second dream was all about my cousin. Rick is about four years older than me, the son of The Father's oldest brother, and he and his brother (my age) were the favorite people in my life during my younger years. Then, The Father had his 'fight' with my uncle and refused to speak to him for 25+ years. (It actually could have been 30 or more years.) Sometime around fifth or sixth grade, four of the people that I loved with all my heart were ripped out of my life. (My uncle and aunt were favs of mine, as well.) I rarely saw them or spoke to them ever again. These days, the only time I get to see my cousins are if we wind up at the same family events together. I still mourn the loss and wonder how things could have been different. But, again, I digress.

In the dream, I don't believe we were in my house. I'm not even sure we were as old as we are now. I don't even think we were married. Anyway, I was in a room that either was dorm or a room in an apartment--like those two are anything alike :)--when Rick came in. He was upset about something and I remember trying to calm him down and comfort him. I know I put my arms around him and stroked his hair while telling him it would all be okay. And that is about all I remember of that dream. For some reason or other, this really has me upset. I guess part of it is because I don't even THINK about most members of my family usually, and to DREAM of someone so far off of my radar is strange. And, I always have the feeling that there MIGHT be something going on with someone I dream about that I should be helping them with. I'm still creeped out by this.

And so that is all about my world of dreams. I wish they were a bit more interesting and didn't bother me as much! :)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:27 PM

    man I never remember my dreams....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's part of what has me so freaked: I so very rarely remember my dreams and these two are so fresh and vivid in my mind! I STILL can't stop thinking about them.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...