Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Again?


In less than 7 hours--PLEASE, no overtime tonight--we will know whether the Wings will be bringing the Cup home for the 12th time. OR if they will be bringing the Penguins back for game number seven. And I am a mess. I can't think, write, or speak with any amount of sanity. Puck drop is in less than three hours and I'm about to puke my guts out.

Can the Wings win tonight? Of course. WILL the Wings win tonight. Who knows. Anyone looking at this game in an unbiased way knows that the Wings are the better team, but that doesn't mean they are destined to win. A good/bad bounce of the puck can determine the outcome either way--and has in many games. The Penguins can still win tonight AND Friday and pull off one of the greatest upsets in history. And I, for one, don't assume anything.

A win tonight will put Detroit that much further ahead of all other US teams in Stanley Cup wins--and will put them one more closer to taking over the number two slot from Toronto on the all-time wins list. (Toronto has 13 wins--under various team names.) A win tonight will make Detroit the first team to get back-to-back Cup wins in 11 years--since they did it in '98. And they will, once again, break various records that they broke last year. Time is dragging.

GO WINGS!!!

3 comments:

  1. WTF happened? They started out great, but huh?

    I was on the edge of my seat the whole damn game!!!!!

    Friday... Friday...

    GO RED WINGS!!!!!

    (I still can't believe I'm typing that!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really, really, REALLY hate to say this, but if the f***ing refs would call a g**damn penalty on the Penguins once in awhile, then things wouldn't be where they are!!! That being said, the Wings certainly should have played better--they just didn't have that kill instinct tonight. I'm still dazed...

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...