Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Road Trip

We went up north today to deliver several items that we had here: a birthday gift, a Father's Day gift, a confirmation gift, and various other things. It went okay.

I got to give the confirmation gift to our goddaughter personally. I DID say that I was sorry to be late, but not knowing she was being confirmed made it difficult to get it to her on time. I believe I made my point. She seemed to be pleased with the necklace, which I was happy about.

We visited with The Parents for a time, then went to K's sister's house and had dinner with her. Finally, we saw the grandchildren and gave them what was theirs. A quick trip, but a good one nonetheless.

In the 100 miles we drove to get home, the temperature went from 88 degrees, down to 60, back up to 88, and settled at 74 at our house. It is always an adventure here in the UP.

4 comments:

  1. Temp and the heat index was 108 here on Monday. I just went out to get the mail and it's already 100 on my porch in the shade.

    Another scorcher methinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't even want to THINK about temps that high!!! =8-O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im just glad you got to give her the necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me, too, Meleah!!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...