Thursday, March 17, 2005

All Tech

Might as well get some of my tech geekiness out of the way, so here goes. I don't believe I ever posted about my new computer--probably scared to be too optimistic! Anyway, I got my new baby in December and I am absolutely thrilled with it! I went with a Dell, again, and so far everything seems to be fine. The small problems that have come up are more software problems than anything else--and I think it is a matter of two programs not wanting to play nice with each other more than any major concerns. I have put the baby through the paces except for burning DVD's--I have to get to video editing soon! I have been trying to organize ALL of my music and just seem to not have much time for anything else.

Talking about music brings me to my next item. I got my Zen Micro 5G MP3 player on Monday and so far it is one of the best purchases I have EVER made. I've wanted an MP3 player since before there was an iPod and haven't been able to decide on which one I wanted. I bought a Rio Chiba and had to bring it back because I just wasn't satisfied. It was so cheaply made I was afraid to hold it too tightly for fear of breaking it! Instead of looking like a $100+ piece of electronic equipment, it resembled something you might get in a McDonald's Happy Meal! Several years ago I bought a Rio CD player and that was built like a tank--I just don't know what is up with the Rio brand these days. Anyway, back to my Zen Micro. I got it in dark blue--I was too afraid of NOT being conservative--and it is absolutely beautiful. It will take me a little while to get used to the controls and the software was a bit confusing, but it is definitely worth what it cost. I know a lot of people really like iPods, but I just couldn't bring myself to buy one. (I guess I don't like Apple the way a lot of people don't like Microsoft!) While reading comments in a forum about Zen Micro, some people are calling it the "antipod." :) Funny!

I finally set up Trillian so that I could IM C. I don't care too much for instant messaging, but I find it gives a more immediate response than email does. Of course, if I want to have a regular back and forth conversation, I'll pick up the phone, but this will do every once in awhile. C. and I had a short IM session and she had to go and change a diaper. (She leads a REAL exciting life.) I was here reading my mail when a new IM came through and it was from her--only it was just a bunch of letters. I thought it was an acronym or something, like LOL, so I was about to ask her what it meant when a new message came through. This one made even less sense and then about five more gibberish messages came through. Finally C. came on and told me Noelle had been sending the messages! I laughed so hard. Noelle has been in the terrible twos since she turned one and she will continue until she's sixteen! I told C. that this one will be her problem child, and she sure is--and she isn't even two! That made my day. :)

Maximum PC magazine comes out with their Geek Quiz once a year and this month's issue had the one for 2005. About four(?) years ago I took the quiz and got almost 75% of the answers correct. After glancing though the quiz today, I don't think I will even get 10% of the answers right--even by guessing! I don't know if I just haven't kept up with stuff enough or if everything has changed that significantly, but it sure made me depressed. Oh, well, I still learn new things almost every day, so my brain isn't turning to mush, at least. :)

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry cantellya, but your comment got deleted by accident. The whole thing has just been a little screwy!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...