Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Email Madness

I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 7 different email accounts--I should count how many, but I feel particularly lazy right now. :) Three of the accounts are my "main" ones--used for personal, business, etc. and the rest are there to, supposedly, keep my main accounts from getting too much junk mail. And this is where I am having a problem. My Hotmail account, one of my main ones, is again getting more junk mail than all of my other accounts combined! For awhile, there was next to no junk mail coming and all of a sudden the account was flooded--and most of it has reference to "Mark Gibson" (whoever that is supposed to be) in the subject line. I don't open junk mail, so I can't even block this junk, and there is no filtering that can be done just by words--it all has to be done by address or domain. I report all of this as junk, but it seems to increase what I get instead of stopping it. Microsoft sure has to get its act together or there will be a rebellion--more so than already! The main reason I got my Gmail account was to get away from Hotmail--unfortunately I can't get away from it completely. Too much of Microsoft depends on Hotmail as is the case with IE. I really am thinking about trying Linux--but that won't solve all of the problems, either! We just seem to be in a Microsoft world and there is little we can do about it--change is too slow in coming.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think the option to 'block' is even there for any other than hotmail addys. I report all junk too, but as you said, doesn't seem to help. They were quite helpful when I rec'd a suspicious looking ebay email & pointed me in the right direction there....

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...