Sunday, March 13, 2005

Where Are Our Priorities and A Creepy Feeling

First, the creepy feeling. Every time K. and I go to Milwaukee, we stay next door to the hotel where seven people were murdered. And to top it all off, K. has even stayed at that Sheraton when he's been there for work! Creepy.

I read Parade magazine's annual "What People Earn" article today and , once again, I wonder where our priorities are in this country. Lindsay Lohan earned $10 million this past year and a youth minister earned $30,000. LeBron James (basketball player) earned $21 million and a child-care provider earned $32,000. John Travolta: $25 million, teacher: $24,300. Jessica Simpson: $4 million, firefighter: $34,000. Lance Armstrong: $19 million, school-bus driver: $26,000. Peyton Manning (football player): $42 million, ER nurse: $47,000. If we really think these over-paid celebrities and athletes are worth so much more money than people who care for our health, safety, and children, then I have lost all faith in humanity. May God forgive and help us all.

1 comment:

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...