Thursday, March 17, 2005

Chipmunks, Hockey, and Not Guilty Verdicts

Just some random thoughts from my mind.

This month is well on its way to becoming one of the coldest, if not THE coldest, month of March on record. Needless to say, we still have snow several feet deep on the ground between us and the neighbors' house. With the snow and the cold, I cannot understand why I am seeing chipmunks running around already! In the past, the chipmunks have been out when there has been a lot of snow left, but it usually is during a nice spring thaw. I know they don't totally hibernate, but they usually stay in their dens until it's a little warmer. Just think it's strange, is all.

Was thinking about the non-hockey season this year. Imagine, there was NO NHL hockey, AT ALL, and NO ONE died as a result! Some people would have you believe they absolutely would die if they couldn't watch their favorite sport, but this proves you can get through it--even here in the land of hockey! Years ago I lived and breathed hockey--just couldn't get enough of it. For the past 20+ years I haven't followed it at all, so it wasn't as big a loss for me as it was for some. I really was hoping to get back into the game this year, but it just wasn't meant to be. The whole thing has been interesting, though. I would love to see the same thing happen to football--but that would NEVER happen. I'm sure they would get the Supreme Court to rule it unconstitutional to not have an NFL season and force them to play. :) But anyway, I think this has hurt hockey very badly--not here, of course, but in places (the south) that haven't had the game treated like a religion for decades as we have in the north. Hope the game can recover.

So Robert Blake was found not guilty. What to say?

It is amazing just how much my shopping habits have changed since I've started buying on the Web. For example: I searched high and low for a case for my Zen Micro--just don't want my baby to get scratched--and there are none here in the States. I know there are several companies planning on making the cases, but as of now, they aren't available. So, that brings me to the Web. Did a search, found the absolute best case I wanted--and there really weren't that many of them to choose from--and ordered it. Now, the beauty part of the whole thing is this: I had to order it from Hong Kong. Directly. Just blows me away to order things from other countries as easily as ordering from the next state. I find it a hoot.

Right now I'm writing this post using Internet Explorer as my browser. I really don't use IE very much at all--I use Firefox and love the living daylights out of it. However, I just don't seem to be able to do everything quite as easily on Blogger with Firefox as I can with IE. Can't figure out what the problem is--guess I should email Help and ask, but it isn't THAT much of an inconvenience.

2 comments:

  1. I agree witht the chipmunk thing. A few weeks ago my cat somehow found a baby mole, and the next week she found another baby mole. Now THOSE things, I thought, were supposed to be in the ground! I can't believe (well, I do believe because you said so) that you had to buy a case from Hong Kong because they don't make them here. And people wonder why our economy is shot. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, we in Alaska don't often see much wildlife out in the open. The creatures here--deer, squirrels, bears, birds--are shier than those in the lower 48.
    You know, it is REALLY stupid that we can't get things in the U.S. that people in other countries practically live off of.
    -smd

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...