Tuesday, March 29, 2005

A Little of This, A Little of That

It has been rather quiet around here. Nothing terribly interesting, but here are some of the details of my unspectacular life:

We took a ride up north on Friday. Catie's birthday had been on Wednesday, so we had to bring her gift. I had never been to C.'s house, so it was interesting. She has really come a long way with her mom and wife skills--I was very impressed by what I saw. The house is quite small, but she had it very neat and done up about as nice as you can with a rental. She had just taken dinner out of the oven as we got there, so we only stayed for about a half hour. I guess that was fine for the first time--we still are being overly careful. I don't know if we will ever get back to being completely easy with each other. The kids sure are cuties--the babies are growing fast and furious.

Didn't do anything special at all for Easter. I don't know where my head was at this year, cause I didn't even make a special dinner like I usually do. No big deal--K. was on day shift so he didn't get home till after 6:00 pm. It was really neat to look out the back window that morning and see one of the neighborhood rabbits--the Easter bunny had arrived!

The weather has been rather nice. K. broke out the grill on Saturday and we had the first hamburgers of the season. Can't wait till we grill bratwurst--my personal favorite. Today the temp has been hovering around 60, so I have windows open in every room. The poor cat is trying to adjust (as she has to every spring) to the outside noises. For a relative of the "king of beasts," she sure is skittish--can't handle anything from a leaf blowing past the window to a UPS truck out on the street. Her "allergies" seem to be bothering her--she's been sneezing a bit more than usual. Oh, well, hers must be seasonal! :)

1 comment:

  1. Is Catie your niece? Would that make C. your sister?
    I recently discovered polish sausage--we broke the grill out about a month ago. Yes, still cold, but what compares to grilling? My cats spent their first nite outside last nite. They wouldn't come back in at bedtime, so, closed the door & there they were this morning! Kiiker has a lot of fun, but Baby's a bit skittish yet. They're fun to watch...

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...