Wednesday, March 16, 2005

I Have Arrived

After almost ten years online, I feel I have finally arrived. Today I received my first official "phishing" email! And the scary part of it is, if this wouldn't have come from a bank I don't do business with, I just might have clicked through and answered the email! ME! The person who goes on and on to anyone who will listen about being careful, and spyware, and viruses, etc. etc.! Hopefully this was my wake-up call and I now realize I am no more immune to this crap than anyone else!

On another note: I found out The Parents were in town recently and visited with someone other than us. A guy K. works with said they visited with him and his wife while in town last week. Now, I can say I don't care, but deep inside I do feel a bit hurt by it. I also feel a little grateful that they are leaving me alone. I am just one bundle of contradictions. I know I am doing better when I don't have contact with them, but I still feel as if something is missing by not having family to be with. I guess I got to get my sh** together and finally decide what it is I really want.

4 comments:

  1. I'd think there would always be a "something's missing" feeling without my family. My mom & I were estranged for years, & when I finally made the call, well, it's been great ever since. I think because she's changed, maybe grown up a little, and that's the reason it works now. I feel for you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cantellya,thank you for the kind words. Life can be hard, can't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, life is most difficult at times. How come nobody ever told us it would be like this when we grow up???? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...cuz nobody knew...

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...