Thursday, March 17, 2005

More Geekiness

Something isn't right here--I tried to post an answer to the comment on the previous post and things went horribly awry, so I will answer the question in a new post!

iPods are small, portable MP3 music players--and the gold standard, according to some. You use your computer to transfer music to your player, so you can take it with you. Depending on the capacity of the player, you can transfer several hundred to 10,000 songs onto a player. Of course, this depends on the length of the song--the full version of "Stairway to Heaven" will take up much more space than "Pretty Woman" would. The physical size of these players are different, also. An iPod Shuffle is about the size of a pack of gum, my Zen Micro can fit in an Altoids tin with some room to spare, and a full size iPod is a bit bigger. These players appeal to several different groups of people (in my opinion): the "young ones," music addicts, and geeks. I bought my Zen Micro for two reasons: I love tech gadgets and this way I can listen to MY music while the hubby listens to HIS music on the CD player when we travel (I don't share his love of certain music, so he has to listen to something we both like all of the time). So, that is a VERY long answer to a simple question. :) I guess I just love to show my geekiness!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. That's amazing. Wish I were a geek! Nowadays that's a good thing! hee hee

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...