Sunday, October 09, 2005

STILL Watching For Baby

I can't believe it is almost two weeks and C just doesn't seem any closer to delivering. Last night we had hope, though. Late in the evening she started having contractions--every 3 to 5 minutes! And they were getting quite strong. Well, she was positive the baby would be delivered by noon today, and the doctor was convinced it would happen soon, also. Around midnight she called her husband to come down to be with her and everything was moving along nicely and then the doctor did an exam--she was only dilated 1 cm. That fact made the doctor reconsider the decision to go forward with the c-section and gave C a muscle relaxant to see if the contractions would slow down. The contractions slowed down so much that they actually stopped! And so, C is still in the hospital, still getting bigger, and still as bored as a human can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...