Thursday, October 12, 2006

What's Happening

The snow came...at least for parts of the UP. Over 8 inches of snow dumped on the part of the UP where K and I grew up--and it is calling for another 8-15 inches through tomorrow. I talked to C tonight and she said school, as well as other activities, were canceled today and tonight. Because of teacher inservices tomorrow, school doesn't need canceling--which is a good thing as there are only a limited amount of 'snow days' available before school districts have to make the days up at the end of the year. Here in the town where we live, everything was white when we woke up, but all of the snow melted during the day. We had quite a wind and that really made it feel very cold--and the wind is supposed to continue through tomorrow. Oh, well, just the beginning of the winter. :)

Watched the hockey game last night and was blown away by the Wings' 9-2 win over Phoenix! They played a good game, but Phoenix isn't exactly the greatest team, so...it was a good game, nonetheless.

Cindi over at Somewhere Over the Rainbow has tagged me to do a new meme, so, for those who are interested, watch for me to post my answers in the next few days. I don't know about anyone else, but I find it absolutely fascinating to read other people's answers to these things!

Did a long-overdue computer maintenance here this afternoon. I have really not been happy with my McAfee security for quite a long time and today I finally got rid of it. I found it to be too expensive and there were too many problems for me to want to keep it. So, I decided to go with a free firewall and free anti-virus--Zonealarm by Zone Labs and AVG Anti-Virus by Grisoft. I'm sure I will be happy with the programs as they have been praised by many, including Maximum PC magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...