Friday, April 16, 2010

So, It's Going To Be One Of THOSE Kind Of Years, Huh?

Yesterday I was sweating like I was wearing a sauna suit.  (Remember them?)






Today, I actually just checked the thermostat to see if I should turn the furnace up.  Yesterday the temp was 70* or so and hella muggy.  It made it very uncomfortable in the house.  Today, we're looking at 40* and the possibility of snow showers tonight.  Very rarely do we have to wait more than 24 hours to see a change in weather here.  And I'm used to this--that's why I could never live in California.  How boring would it be to know EXACTLY what your weather was going to be like EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. OF. YOUR. LIFE?  ;)

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:28 AM

    I've often thought that I'd like to live under a bubble where the temperature would be about 75 during the day and no lower than 50 at night, year-round-with rain occurring sometime around 3 am so I wouldn't be bothered by it. But then I thought that would be boring, so I'd program it to throw in a thunderstorm once in a while, and maybe a little snow for a couple of days in the winter. Yeah, knowing what the weather is going to be like every day is boring. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The year I lived in South Carolina was very different for me. Granted, the temps did fluctuate quite a bit while I was there, but cruising the stores at Christmas time in short sleeves was NOT my idea of enjoying the season. I was ecstatic when I flew home that winter and they were having a snowstorm as I walked off of the plane. It was the BEST homecoming imaginable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. same here! its 90 degrees, then its 12 degrees. I cant stand it! I wish the weather would just Pick a season already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS: the reason I LEFT CA and came back to NJ was because I missed the seasons 70 degrees and sunny does get OLD after a while!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And here we are, almost a week later, and it snowed today. Nothing stuck, but it came down off and on all day long.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...