Thursday, October 04, 2007

And it Begins

The first game of the 82-game season was played and the Wings won 3-2 over the Ducks. Yes, yes, they won in a shootout--BLECH!! I have made my feelings known about shootouts before, so I won't do it again.

There was a good amount of energy in the game and the Wings even were quite physical at times. Dallas Drake got into an altercation---YAY!--and sat out a five minute penalty, but that's fine. I'm just happy to see a little bit of roughing it once in a while. Datsyuk and Zetterberg were in fine form, skating and doing things with the puck that seem impossible.

It did hurt that Bertuzzi's first goal as a Duck had to come against Detroit. But then, it always hurts to see a former player in an opponent's jersey. Schneider is still nursing a break, so he didn't play in the game. And on Saturday, we get to see Lang playing for Chicago. The first time is always the hardest--it gets easier after that.

Bryzgalov made 39 saves and Hasek made 13. Hopefully this isn't a sign to come--last year was very bad for the puck not going where it was supposed to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...