Tuesday, October 02, 2007

This One's For You, Burg

I find myself being extremely jealous because burg gets people coming to her blog by way of such interesting searches. Her last post was all about the search terms used and I decided to attempt stealing some of her thunder. So, this post will be all about poo.

One of the searches that brought someone to her site was 'why is my poo red?' I have to say "Been there, done that!" First, when a person eats--okay, overeats--red velvet cake, know in advance that your poo will be a pretty shade of red. My red velvet cake recipe calls for TWO one-ounce bottles of red food coloring. I guess you don't REALLY have to overeat to have SOMETHING happen to your poo.

This brings me to the conversation I was having with the oldest tonight. She was telling me that her youngest hadn't been feeling well and that she hoped all was going to be fine tomorrow. As happens during any of my conversations with my girls, we segued into medications, which brought us to her sister's reaction to Augmentin. The youngest--while she was still in diapers--had an ear infection. She was put on Augmentin, which caused her to have diarrhea. Of course, she was then put on a liquid diet. Everything got so bad, that as soon as she swallowed something, she filled her diaper. (We finally realized it was a bad reaction to the Augmentin--a medication she can't take.) So, one time I heard that her diaper needed changing and proceeded to do it. When I removed her diaper, I almost panicked--I was CERTAIN she was dying, as her diaper was pure red! I thought she was bleeding to death! Thankfully, I realized before I called 911, that I had been feeding her ONLY red liquids: red Jell-o, red Popsicles, etc. Yessireebob, everything was coming out the same way it went in. A good lesson learned.

And then we segued into C's poo story: beware of decorated cakes with black or very dark icing. It turns your poo TEAL! She said that after you get over the shock of seeing teal-colored poo, it is kind of funky and fun. I guess I can understand that--after all, how often do you have interesting colored poo?

1 comment:

  1. HA!! I love this post!! I want to try to have teal poo!!

    The very same thing happened to my oldest.. She had diarreah and I had given her red everything. I panicked and called my mother to come look at it to see if an ER trip was in order. Then I too remembered all the red things I'd given her.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...