Monday, October 08, 2007

What's Happening

--We did an overnight road trip on Friday. With us going to Vegas and our friends going to Mexico the first week of November, we won't get to see each other till the end of next month, so we thought we needed to get together. It isn't bad doing the trips so close together, as the shopping is quite minimal when we go this often. VERY good for the checking account! :)

--Saturday was K's and my 34th anniversary. Of course, it was an arranged marriage, with me being all of 15 hours old when the ceremony was performed. This is the reason why I am not as old as some of you might think I am! :)

--The friends we went to visit were the only people to acknowledge our anniversary. No phone calls, no cards, nothing from ANYONE else. I can't help but wonder if I make too much out of it, but I learned this from The Mother and it is hard to let go. (SHE always let everyone know that she MUST have the card, present, etc, in her hand by the important day, or don't even bother. It isn't the same if it comes late! And now she doesn't even bother to send anything. Oh, well, this is what I get for being how I am, hey?)

--K's nephew got home from the hospital last Tuesday. He will have a very long time to have physical therapy. His injuries were: smashed index finger (will be useless, they couldn't do much for it, even with the surgery,) broken shoulder (which he had surgery on,) broken arm, broken ribs, cracked breastplate, several cracked neck vertebrae, and all around bumps, bruises, and cuts. But as things go, he is doing quite well--after all, anything less than death is doing quite well!

--The Nephew hasn't been around much since his dad's accident. He was only here two nights the week following and was here only one night last week. His class schedule was such that he could be with his dad as much as possible, which is good. He should be here tomorrow for three nights, as is usual.

--I had been hoping to get some nice pictures of the trees this fall, but it won't be happening. When we were traveling we saw just how many places are beyond the peak of the color season--so much that many places have lost the majority of leaves already. Even my maple tree isn't doing much of anything--some of the leaves have turned yellow and some are still green. AND a whole lot of them have fallen. Maybe next year.

--C is now more than 26 weeks pregnant. The last I heard, she is doing fine. She had her stillborn at 27 weeks and her first child at 29 weeks, so these are the 'scary' weeks for her.

--A isn't doing anything more than living her life--as most of us are. She DID tell me that two of her cats have acne, though. Who would have thought!?

--I have said before that I believe this house is/was haunted. I now am beginning to think the operative word is IS! And the story goes like this: For Christmas last year, K got 'Bob' as a gift. Bob is a 5-in-1 clock, thermometer, etc, that we keep on the computer desk. Bob is supposed to sit on the desk and do nothing but show the time unless you touch him--then a light comes on or it changes to the next feature. Lately, Bob has been turning on his own light even when no one is in the room. I'm beginning to get freaked out!



--This week will be all about getting ready for our trip. We have hair appointments and I have to get in a couple of times at the tanning salon. I have to make an appointment for a mani/pedi and need to do some last minute shopping. So much to do with so little time! But it is going to be so much fun.

--Much as I love the Red Wings, they just pissed me off royally on Saturday night--they blew a 2 goal lead and lost the game in a shootout! Bad memories from the way-too-many times they did the same thing last year. Franzen got hurt during the second period and will be out for 3-4 weeks. Great. BUT, Drake had another fight !! YAY!! At least Mickey Redmond was in his glory--after all, he played during the REALLY rough years of fighting. Another game on Monday--we'll see if they can redeem themselves.

3 comments:

  1. I'm such a dingbat that I sat here wondering why I didn't know yours was an arranged marriage..

    I had no idea that cats got acne..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:04 AM

    Hey-Happy Belated Anniversary-nice job you two. 34 years!! We will be celebrating our 30th this summer. Still amazed my Father-in-Law (Bless him) let us get married during Strawberry Season!! Will be down the end of the month to celebrate my parent's 60th. Again, Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. burg: :D

    yoopergirl: Thank you so much. Time sure goes by too fast, doesn't it?

    By the way, a couple of weeks ago we watched three deer on the rock in front of your old house, eating their way down into the neighbor's garden. Quite a neat sight--considering it wasn't OUR garden they were eating from. :)

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...