Saturday, October 27, 2007

Larry King--Senile Or Just Plain Stupid?

I'm not a fan of Larry King and can probably count on two hands how many times I actually have watched his show. But, last weekend I was channel surfing and I came across his interview with Eric Clapton and had to stop and watch it. This is where the question comes: Is Larry King senile or is he just plain stupid!

A little background, first. Eric Clapton, as too many other rock stars, was a drug (heroin, cocaine) addict. He beat that addiction, but let alcohol take the place of the other drugs and wound up addicted to IT. After going through the program at Hazelton twice, he has been sober since--about twenty years. He still does the 12-steps and still attends meetings.

A few years ago, EC decided he wanted to give back and decided to build a treatment center. He settled on building the place in Antigua and named it the Crossroads Centre. He continues to fund the place with special concerts--Crossroads Guitar Festival--and by auctioning off guitars. (One of his guitars broke the record when it sold for almost $1mil.)

EC was on Larry King to promote his new autobiography. King asked a lot of the same dumb questions that I'm sure so many of these celebrities get damn sick and tired of hearing, but then he asked the question that makes me wonder if he is becoming senile. King asked EC if Britney Spears had been a patient at Crossroads. EXCUSE ME!?!?!?!?!? First of all, EC is not privy to the day-to-day goings on of the place and secondly, there is such a thing as confidentiality, so even IF EC knew the answer to the question, he couldn't reveal it! I still cannot believe he actually asked the question.

Just might be time to retire, Mr. King!

7 comments:

  1. I've never watched Larry King. He looks like someone is slowly letting the air out of him though, so maybe that's why the dumb questions..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, maybe the fact he is older than Methuselah is the problem--and he definitely looks his age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa...I saw only part of that interview but didn't hear him ask that stupid question. Larry King seems to have gotten too starstruck or gossipy lately. I watch his show a lot but that thought has been crossing my mind a lot when I watch him. It would have been funny if Eric Clapton had screamed at him, "Leave Britney alone!" I am referring to that funny youtube video you have probably seen where this strange he/she is screaming that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindi: That 'Leave Britney alone' remark made me laugh out loud! Yeah, that WOULD have been funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:32 PM

    He's asked really stupid questions on occasion for years. Sometimes the guest doesn't even know what the question means and has to ask for clarification. I am really not sure how smart the dude is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. anon: I do, too, think the man doesn't really have too much in the brains department. I still think he should just retire before he makes a complete fool of himself and has to leave the show in disgrace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:57 PM

    Larry goes in and out of reality.
    Sometimes he asks such ridiculous questions it's embarrasing to the guests. I also saw a couple years ago on the show where one of the guests got mad and asked LK if he even knew anything about his story.
    He gets good ratings so he is going to be around.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...