Monday, October 01, 2012

30 Days of 'Not MY Photos'--Shiny

***A couple of the blogs that I follow (and some of their followers)--'Momma Mia, Mea Culpa' and 'Ziva's Inferno'--are participating in a photo challenge for the month of October.  As I really have no energy to try and take 30 pictures in 30 days, I will, instead, use the list of topics and write a post a day for the month.  We'll see how that goes.  ;)***

Today's topic is 'shiny.'  Wow.  So here goes:

My OCD tendencies really get a workout with shiny stuff.  If the article*--refrigerator, TV, range, mirror, etc--is supposed to be 'shiny,' you can bet I'll be after the thing CONSTANTLY to make sure there are no smudges, fingerprints, dirt, grim, dust on it.  I cannot stand a supposedly shiny object that doesn't sparkle.  And, of course, this doesn't make for a calm household--especially for children.  I regret the time I spent 'polishing' while my kids were growing up and am SO happy that I'm not nearly as obsessive these days as I once was.  The only thing that really saved my sanity was the fact that all of my appliances were 'harvest gold' in color, so the fingerprints were not as noticeable as they could have been.  (I could NEVER own stainless steel appliances because they take so much work to look nice.  I shudder to think of the time needed to keep them clean and smudge-free.)

For the past 10 years or so, stainless steel has been the color choice for a big percentage of appliances, but some are predicting the possibility of change coming.  One of the possible 'trends' in the future is a 'matte' finish on appliances--and some manufacturers are already showing gunmetal grey/matte finish appliances to match the stainless steel people already have in their homes.  It will be interesting to see if this would replace stainless steel as a first choice for people.  I, however, will continue with my boring white--I never will have to worry about the color not matching everything else in my kitchen.  :D

(not sure, but this certainly looks 'matte' to me)


*For some reason, non-sparkling windows don't send me over the edge.  I don't know how I can live with the way our windows look, at times, but I don't freak out about 'dirty windows' like I do other things.

2 comments:

  1. Oh hell yes!! I am super psyched you're participating!!! YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least I'm kind of participating. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...