Sunday, March 19, 2006

New Cars

K and I went to the annual new/used car show here in town last night. All of the local dealers get together and display vehicles in one central location--quite neat to be able to compare different models at once. While we are not in the market for a new vehicle right at the moment, it still is fun to see what is out there.

It really freaked me out when K kept pointing out the slightly smaller cars and saying how they would be nice to have. Right now I am driving a GMC Jimmy and don't want to give it up for something SO MUCH SMALLER, as a Honda Accord! I always liked the smaller vehicles--they were fun for me to drive. And they fit me so well, considering how short I am. K kept telling me that I would really like an SUV if I gave it a chance, but I kept saying no. I was afraid of how big they were. Then we got my Jimmy a couple of years ago--AND I NEVER WANT TO GO BACK TO A CAR AGAIN! I LOVE having the 4 wheel drive in the winter. I love being able to sit high enough to be able to see over snow banks. I love not feeling (too) intimidated when I am next to an 18-wheeler! I don't want to have to go back to driving a car again.

(Now to talk to those tree-huggers out there that hate SUVs: I don't care what you say about people who drive 4 wheel vehicles! I have every right to drive what I want. I WILL drive what I want. I have to pay for the gas that goes into my vehicle, so it is my own choice if I want to spend $50 or more to fill the damn thing up! And, besides, come here where I live, in the middle of a terrible winter, during a violent snowstorm, and try to get around WITHOUT a 4WD! If you can do it easily, THEN I will think about listening to your opinions.)

I sure hope gas prices go down before we are in need of replacing my Jimmy--then it won't be so hard to talk K into getting another SUV. Heck, maybe I could even talk him into getting me a Hummer! A dream come true!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...