Friday, March 31, 2006

Don't Know Why I Do This

I spend more, per year, on skin care products than the average third world worker makes in wages. At least, I must. I have enough products to open a store. I can't help myself: if I see something I think might be good to try, I buy it. I have products from WalMart, department stores, "only able to buy from a physician's office," high end websites, and low end websites. I have products from "Naked Skin" to "Lush" to "Biomedics" to "Kinerase." And why do I do this? Is it to try to make myself appear younger? Absolutely not!

I realize I am getting older, and I don't particularly mind it. After all, getting older IS better than the alternative. I really am blessed with very few wrinkles and I don't mind if I have any. Wrinkles are just a sign of wisdom and living a full life. So if it isn't for the wrinkles, then why do I spend so much on my skin? The Reason: I want what they call a "peaches and cream" complexion. I want to be able to leave the house without a bit of makeup on and still look halfway decent! It should not be that hard of a thing to do, but it is. I want my skin to be even-toned, no dark sun-damaged spots. I want no more blemishes. I want no more bumps, lumps, dry patches, or anything that doesn't look normal. I WANT SKIN THAT LOOKS LIKE A BABY'S!!!!! Is this too much to ask? Apparently so. And so, I continue to search for that illusive elixir that will be the answer to all of my prayers--and I continue to spend and spend and spend. And IF I should ever find the magic potion, I will NEVER tell anyone else--it will be my little secret!

1 comment:

  1. Try living in Arizona for a while. I had alligator skin there... And bought lotion in the 55 gallon drum...

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...