Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Tech News

Now, I don't know if this is really news or just an inevitable announcement, but Microsoft is delaying the launch of Vista until 2007. What more can we expect from Microsoft? The only way this would come off as a wonderful announcement is if Vista actually launched without being buggy--and that is as likely to happen as Hugh Hefner coming to my house and asking me to be the next Playmate of the Year! I just may have to move on over to Linux. And I thought my next computer would have Vista, but I don't like having a new Microsoft OS on my machine until 6 months have passed or the first service pack is issued--whichever comes last. Oh, well, time will tell. Here is more info.

I was absolutely shocked to read that Dell is buying Alienware! It has been a dream of mine to own a computer from Alienware or Voodoo, but now Alienware is being taken over by Dell. It does sound as if Alienware may be able to do business independently (or relatively so) of Dell and be able to continue making its high-end machines. Let's hope so. Here is more of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...