Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Tidbits

-The US Fish and Wildlife Service is looking at the possibility of taking the gray wolf off of the endangered species list for the Western Great Lakes region. The wolf has made a great comeback over the years and is no longer in trouble. Actually, some people say there is an overabundance--and that is what is keeping the deer population down. Hunters, especially, will be happy if the protection is lifted. I don't have any feelings about this either way, but I do agree that there are many more wolves, as we have actually seen one while traveling around--something that NEVER happened when I was a child. (And if anyone would have seen a wolf, it would have been my family and me--we did the "Sunday drives" week after week after week. And The Father ALWAYS drove the old logging roads, or whatever PATH he could get the car down.)

-I think I got all of our clothes taken care of for the trip. I did the ironing that was needed last night and have clothes hanging from every doorknob available in this house. It should be so much easier to have everything out in the open when it comes time to do the packing.

-I will finish A's bouquet tonight and make the boutonniere for the groom, also. I'm really quite happy that I didn't have to do a whole wedding's worth of flowers.

-My house is absolutely overrun with stuff that needs to be packed. (See previous post. I like RT's suggestion and would do it if I could!)

-Prison Break returned last night and it was a great episode. It is a show like 24: it grabs you and won't let go! Of course, I acknowledge the ridiculousness of some of what goes on--just as with 24--but it still makes for exciting viewing! I can't wait to find out how they get Linc out of the electric chair. Next week will be good.

-24 comes on right after Prison Break now, so I get to see two of my favs back-to-back on Monday nights. Implausible or not, 24 can deal the surprises better than most shows on TV. It is amazing how many main characters they have killed off so far this season--always a surprising shock when that happens.

-Only about 60 hours before we leave on our trip. I will get little or no sleep before we leave, as usual. I obsess about things and make more work for myself than is necessary, so sleep doesn't come easy. No big deal, though, as I will have 10+ hours to sleep while we travel. (Go here for my explanation of why I sleep while traveling.)

2 comments:

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...