Monday, March 27, 2006

So, What Did You Do This Weekend?

To answer my own question: I went to WalMart. In Canada. Twice.

Yep, I couldn't even go the whole weekend in another country without showing up at the place that inhales more of my money than any other! I must admit I had a very legitimate reason for going there--rather TWO reasons: first, I had to buy something to put on my heel where I developed a very bad blister the very first night we were in Canada, and the second time we went for a map of Ontario. Can you believe it, I printed out all of the directions on how to GET to Niagara Falls and neglected to print out how to get back home! (And please don't say all you have to do is go in reverse order! As it turned out, WITH a map, K didn't listen to my directions and we wound up halfway to Toronto before he would admit we were driving in the opposite direction of where we were supposed to be going!)

All in all, the weekend was fun: our daughter DID get married, we met the new in-laws, and Canada sucked more money out of us in three days than Walmart can in six months! It was an expensive experience, but well worth it. I will post more about the trip in the next few days. Thanks for all the well wishes--I missed being on line and each and every one of you!

3 comments:

  1. And just think... The Cannuck $ is only worth 78 cents...

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least that's all that Canada sucked out of you lol. It sucked more than that from me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. RT: Yes, that is the only thing that kept me from slitting my wrists over the prices--I kept telling myself, "That is in Canadian dollars, NOT US!"

    Doug: So, what did Canada suck out of you? (That sounds terrible, doesn't it?) Do dish! :)

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...