Sunday, March 19, 2006

Packing Suitcases

We will be leaving for Niagara Falls early on Friday--hopefully we will get there late in the afternoon or early part of the evening. It will take us at least 10 hours to drive. Everyone is surprised that we are not flying, but there is one reason we have to drive: the airline wouldn't let me take all of the luggage I plan on bringing with me.

I am the world's worst suitcase packer. It is not that I don't know HOW to pack, it is that I don't know WHAT to pack! If I don't have a least two outfits for every day I will be away from home, then I panic . I think I will not have what I MIGHT need , so I overpack--JUST IN CASE! And it isn't just clothes--I overpack shoes. Like I would EVER wear more than one or two different pairs in a day. Then, of course, you have my over-40-year-old skin: it takes an awful lot of products just to keep it at a point where small children won't run away screaming when they see me. And beyond clothes, shoes, and personal products, we have the miscellaneous essentials: books, magazines, music players, Gameboys, other electronic gadgets, etc. When I get my laptop, that will be just one more thing I have to take.

With this trip we also have to take cameras and camcorders, wedding flowers, and jewelry for A to borrow. It just keeps getting worse and worse! Pretty soon we will have to hire a U-Haul to drag behind the Jimmy. I would love to see the looks on the faces of the hotel personnel if we drove up with a U-Haul in tow--and then started to unpack it! I really don't see me being able to get away with anything less than three suitcases. Haven't figured out if I will have to take any odd totes, also. I'll just have to see what happens. K just might have to go and buy himself some luggage--I don't know if we have enough suitcases for the both of us. :)

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy your trip. Not a pretty time of year there. You can view a photo of the Canadian Horseshoe Falls on my blog, if you are interested! Travel safely! ~ jb///

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I think you must be a traveler's worse nightmare. Hope y'all have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But I don't complain when we travel--I sleep the whole time! (See my post from 11 September 2004--Playing Catch-up--it explains my travel habits.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Next time just pack everything. Hire a moving company to pack up your entire household and move it to where you're staying. That way you'll be sure not to forget anything!

    I know, I'm genius!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...