Sunday, September 03, 2006

Sunday PM

About five months ago K was told he needed a crown on one of his molars. Well, they FINALLY--within the last month and a half--have been getting everything going for this to happen. He went in to have the crown put on last week and told the dentist he has been experiencing some amount of sensitivity in the tooth. Low and behold, they did an x-ray and the tooth is infected and he needs to have a root canal done. At least, they found it BEFORE the crown was put on, but they will have to make a new one for him after the root canal is done. Yeah, more waiting. The trouble is, K was never put on an antibiotic with this. I just don't understand what is going on! Luckily, he was able to get an appointment with the endodontist for this coming week, but NOTHING will be able to get done if he is infected! And, believe me, it is getting worse! He had a real bad night last night with the throbbing and it isn't getting any better. He came home after pulling an overtime shift and said today was a bit rough. And of course, it is a holiday weekend, so nothing is open tomorrow. I think I will have to hunt down our dentist's home phone number and have him prescribe something--K can't go on like this until Thursday. Poor baby, I feel so helpless.

The newest installment in our wildlife saga: When K came home from work, there was a heron standing in our backyard. I DON'T think it was a great blue, but it was just as big. This thing had to stand AT LEAST 4 feet tall--maybe more. And when it took off, it was amazing! Absolutely NO sound at all when it flapped its wings. It looked pretty much like this:
(I found the picture here.) And before anyone can comment that I couldn't possibly have this particular bird in my yard, I agree. This pic is of a Goliath heron which is found in Africa, so it is NOT what I saw. I'm just saying this LOOKED like the bird. What we had probably was a blue, maybe a great blue (are they different birds?), but with the sticking-out head feathers NOT sticking out. Oh, nevermind--we had a VERY large bird in our yard today. It was SOME kind of heron. COOL.

1 comment:

  1. Emus in the backyard...now THAT is something to talk about!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...