Thursday, September 20, 2007

Email Mess

In the early hours of Monday morning, I placed an online order. At 1:01 AM I received the confirmation email from the company. Since that time--a little over 36 hours ago--I have received the EXACT same email more than 125 times! How fun is that?

The very first thing I did was to contact the company, thinking that their auto-replay was screwed up. When they replied back, they blamed my ISP and said I have to get them to fix the problem. So, I decided to do an online chat with tech support for my ISP. (I don't call them if I don't have to--can't deal with the overseas accents.) They deny being the problem and suggested I either block the email or contact the company again. GREAT! If I block the email, I block ALL email from the company and I don't want to do that. So, I sent off another email to the company to see what they have to say.

In the meantime, I also have posted the problem in the Thunderbird (my email program) support forum. I really don't think that's where the problem is, but on the off chance... It just couldn't hurt and someone might have a solution. Such joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...