Friday, September 28, 2007

Only Two More To Go!

After tonight's game, there are only two more pre-season games and THEN. THE. SEASON. STARTS!!!! It's about time. It doesn't look like I will get to see any more games until the season opener next Wednesday.

Anyway, the Wings won over Tampa Bay 3-2 in a shootout. I thought I was going to get to see the entire team play tonight, but that wasn't to be. Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Holmstrom, among others, didn't play. However, I did get to see some of the prospects and there are a few I think will, eventually, make it. I can see what they see/saw in Grigorenko---while I don't think he would be ready to be on the team permanently starting Wednesday, if he works at it, he POSSIBLY could make the cut in November. The guy has some mighty nice moves. I also like Ritola, but with his getting hit below the eye and not coming back to the game, I didn't get to watch him past the first period. I really think he has potential. I would think he will be going to Grand Rapids for the year. Filppula seems to be showing a confidence and maturity that he didn't have last year. He will have his break-out year either this season or next. I still think he will be a star. Only five more days--I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...