Monday, September 15, 2008

CRAP!!!!!

I am going to apologize to my readers right away. I am so sorry that this post is going to be a rant, but I am in SUCH a crappy mood right now, I need to vent.

Sometime in the last one to two months, I got an email from the oldest. It was pointing out the fact that The Father's 75th birthday is coming up and they were planning a surprise party for him. And it asked for everyone to offer some help. Knowing I couldn't get out of it, I offered to do the invites and pay for the postage. This way, if I decided I 'couldn't' make it to the party, I would have done my part.

A few weeks ago, a thought hit me like a ton of bricks: The Father has a twin sister who WILL be at the party. How can you have a party and ignore the other person who's birthday it is? Especially when the other person is the twin of the...well, you get the drift. (The party was to be held on the actual BIRTH DAY.) So, I called C and relayed my revelation--asking her WHAT are we to do about The Aunt. Of course, this was something she never thought of. She had to call The Mother and get HER reaction and then I wound up waiting for days (weeks?) for any news. FINALLY, C and I got to talk about things last week and I pretty much convinced her that it would be best to just have a much smaller party at The Parent's home and forget about the rest of the bullshit. (According to The Mother, The Father's sister/s were being their usual bitches about things.) And I have been living a great life for about two days. Until this afternoon.

I answered the phone today and C let me know that everything was worked out and that the party is on again. And that she will try to get to The Mother's and get the guest list worked out so that she could get it to me ASAP. Unfortunately, this better be done VERY quickly because I have to use next week to get ready to leave town for five days at the end of the month, so I only have this week to work on these invites. Nothing like not giving me the time I want to get something done--everything is going to be a rush job, as usual. To top it all off, C said that the guest list will be horrendously huge--at least 50 names from their CHURCH alone! I'm developing a headache just thinking about it. I am so pissed off I can't think.

I was really looking forward to our trip and the Eagles concert--but this has put a damper on things. And yes, I know it is ME that is allowing it. But leave it to my Family--if they can screw up my life in any way, they will do it. I am trying to convince K to do an overtime shift on the day of the party--then we won't have to go. But, overtime isn't even offered until the week before, so I still have a month and a half to think about having to be at this shindig. I am beside myself and don't know what to do. I just have to try and stop myself from going on an eating and shopping binge. It will be hard.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:06 PM

    Um. Wait? How the hell do you have a party for ONE of the TWINS and NOT the other one? That is the strangest thing I have ever heard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are correct--but that is The Mother for you. As it stands now, the party will be for both--only NO ONE knows who is in charge of The Aunt's part. Frankly, I will have enough to do--and to pay for--with The Father's part, so I won't worry about The Aunt. Not my problem. I would wash my hands of the entire thing, but I WAS raised to respect my elders and he IS my father, so... Despite what he has done to me in the past, I can't completely turn my back on the situation. Damn. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know-you could come to the party and I could get violently ill and you ARE the only one around to help me because B got called into work and K will have to go help him..then we could have our own party. I admire the fact you always do the right thing, hon, but sometimes.............I personally have lost my 'social filter' and let the dysfunctional family I have know what I think, long story, but..I have finally gained their respect, or maybe its just fear! I feel so much better! and my tongue is healing. Love to you both

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathyhelen: Thank you for that, my dear! It made me laugh. And the drama continues--I should have an update about this crap party before the night is over...Stay tuned. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Family. They can do it to you every single time.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...