Thursday, September 25, 2008

First One Is Over

And I am talking about the first pre-season game. I managed to find the game online--audio only--so I got to listen a bit. Unfortunately, I think my girls know whenever a game is on, cause they like to call me during them. Tonight I was on the phone for about half of the game. Oh, well.

The Wings lost the game in a shoot-out by the score of 3-2. The biggest news, though, is that Leino--the second Finn the Wings have ever signed--looked very, very good out there. It will be interesting to see when and if he becomes a regular. Kopecky seemed to get right back into the swing of things--I guess his knee is fine after the surgery. Anyway, he checked a Canadien and knocked him unconcious. It was a legal hit and was just unfortunate. The guy was out for a bit and they had to take him off of the ice by stretcher. He was brought to the hospital and seems to be doing fine. Of course, it is still early--wouldn't be surprised to find out he has a concussion and will be out for a couple of weeks. Then, in the third, Lidstrom had a puck bounce off of his face. He wound up with stitches over his right eye. They say it didn't do anything to his eye. Sometimes I wonder if the pre-season games are actually worth the risk. The next game is on Thursday against the Bruins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...