Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Nothing Important

Yesterday was a bit busy for us, so I didn't get a chance to post. Actually, I DID sit down in front of the computer last night and managed to get a bit of a nap. SOOOOOOO not good. Uncomfortable, too. Anyway, I was too exhausted to do any writing.

We went to see the dietitian yesterday and it doesn't look too bad. Pretty much, her recommendations were to modify all things eaten and be OCD about portion control. Other than the obvious--ham, over-processed box foods, etc--there aren't all that many things K can't have. Again, it all boils down to portion control. THIS makes things a lot easier. I will have to do my part when it comes to cooking, but that, also, shouldn't be too difficult. It WILL take a bit of getting used to when it comes to eating salt-less (or nearly salt-less) food, but it can be done. I am feeling much, much better about things.

**********

BIG news, for those who live under big rocks: Clay Aiken has announced he is gay. *yawn*

**********

HUGE news in Michigan: Millen--GM of the Lions--has been fired. FINALLY. (Full disclosure--I DON'T do football, so I am not too sure what this means. I DO know the Lions have sucked big-time for many years, so it might make a difference to the team.) Anyway, it is causing quite a stir here. Among the few Lions fans, that is. After all, this IS part of Packerland, so not too many ARE Lions fans.

**********

And finally, VF has said his thumb is doing much better and he even has done some shooting. He's looking toward Friday to come back. YAY!! Now if I could get a broadcast to actually WATCH. I'm not even sure if XM will be carrying the game tonight--bummer.

7 comments:

  1. Clay was such a surprise... NOT.

    Sounds like good news on the diet front. Sleeping in front of the computer, tho'? Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, those little power naps aren't that great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clay is GAY??? I must be living under a rock--did not see that one coming. Of course I didn't see the millenium coming either--some things just so surprise me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. kristi: Yeah, I sure didn't see that one coming, either. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ug. Portion control is my massive downfall. Even if I make a pretty good choice I have to have 35 helpings. =/

    And yeah, thanks for the announcement Clay. I think most of us had it all figured out. hehe. That's like JLo announcing she's preggers at 8 months along. um, really?????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:44 PM

    Clay Is Gay? Wow. Shocking.

    *said sarcastically*

    thankfully K just needs to work on portion control. Food issues are a NIGHT MARE to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tell you, I didn't even need my 'gaydar' to be working correctly to know he was gay. Geez.

    We are VERY lucky that K only needs to tweak his diet for it to be better for him--and that is only because he MUST be doing something better already, as it looks like he has regained a bit of lost kidney function. But still, we BOTH need to work on portion control. I really think that would be all I need to do in order to lose the weight I have to. If only. :(

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...