Sunday, September 21, 2008

Heart Lodged Firmly In Throat

The headline read: "Filppula injures thumb on hit from Downey." The story goes on to say how Downey gave VF an accidental, illegal hit during a scrimmage today and VF had to leave practice. Two days into training camp and Baby Boy gets himself hurt. Of course, reports are that it 'wasn't bad,' but that is what is ALWAYS said. A player has to have a limb hanging by a thread before the team actually says how badly they're hurt. Anyway, VF said he probably will be back tomorrow, so there is hope.

Now, a jammed thumb doesn't sound all that bad, as far as injuries go. However, when you use a stick to puck-handle like VF does, a thumb is vitally important. And injuries happen--last year he injured himself during training camp, too, and was fine for the start of the season. It is a risky business these players are part of.

(I can't say how ecstatic I am that hockey season is starting! :))

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:19 PM

    I think thumbs are important. Especially for hockey players.


    Id take time off from work if one of my thumbs were jammed. But I'd also like to take off from work for the rest of my life.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...