Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Less Than A Month

With hockey season beginning in less than a month, all of the magazines, blogs, hockey sites, etc, are publishing their predictions for this year. Pretty much across the board, they all are saying the Wings have the best chance to repeat as the Stanley Cup champs since the last team to repeat...which were the Red Wings in 1998. Yup, the Wings are the last team to repeat. And they could do it again...at least on paper.

Arguably, the team has gotten better since the Cup win. They have replaced a 43-year-old goalie--granted, he IS a HOF shoe-in--with a 32-year-old one and have upgraded from Drake to Hossa--BIG upgrade--but that doesn't guarantee a thing. Injuries happen. Just look at the bad spell last year when most of the 'D' was gone. Still, it is getting exciting and I can't wait to see the guys in action. The time is dragging.


3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:51 PM

    Give Blood Play Hockey is HILARIOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I like that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:14 PM

    its very funny because its so true!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...