Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Party Update

Well, the invites aren't going to be as bad I thought. It looks like I will only have to make about 55 and the majority of them will be hand delivered by someone else. That means I won't have to put out too much in terms of postage! Yay! Seems as if A LOT of the people being invited will get a phone call instead of a written invitation. Also, the party IS going to be a joint one for BOTH of the twins--thank goodness. I only need to do 6 combined invites--the rest of The Aunt's invitees will be called on the phone. Frankly, I think sending invites is the proper and classy way to go, but I'm not complaining--it cuts down on how much I have to do and how much money I have to pay out. Works for me!!

The Mother called me and dictated the guest list to me tonight. yippee. I'm not sure WHY she did it--and I don't think C knows why, either. Oh, well, it was her choice. And somewhere along the line she had it in her mind that I was helping to plan this thing. EXCUSE ME!?!?!?!? I let her know in no uncertain terms that ALL I was doing is the invitations--AND that I just may not be able to make it to the party, either. Just from her tone of voice I could tell THAT tied her panties into knots. Sorry lady--DEAL. So, all in all, I'm feeling a bit better about things. What a difference a day makes. (make sure and SING that last sentence when you read it. :))

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:20 PM

    Yikes. Dont get sucked into planning that! Just stick with the invites. I am sooo glad the party is for BOTH twins. Thank Godness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe me, I will be surprised if I allow myself to get sucked into planning this thing. If it happens, it will be my own fault and I deserve all the misery that follows. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:06 AM

    nightmare time! Hope the party is a success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah it is a nightmare, but one I WILL get through. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...