Tuesday, April 18, 2006

About My Youngest

I talk so much about my oldest daughter, it is easy to forget I actually have TWO children. Of course, the youngest, A, did get a lot of coverage lately because of the wedding, but I thought I would post a bit of an update on her today.

Last night A and I had a marathon phone session: we talked for over 4 hours! We both were home alone as our husbands were working, so it was a good time to catch up on what all has been going on. She and her husband are finally settled in to their new place--they had to start packing as soon as they got home from the wedding, as they only had four days to move from where they were living. I guess they are almost completely unpacked. If this is true, I give her a lot of credit--I STILL have a couple of boxes that were never unpacked after we moved into this house: 25+ years ago!

A works as a vet tech in a veterinarian's office. (DUH!) She is somewhat of a phenomenon when it comes to handling animals. I have never seen anyone who could become "friends" with every animal she comes across as easily as A can. She loves the animals and they love her--she could be a female Dr. Dolittle! Whenever I think of the book "The Horse Whisperer," I think that A could be just like the guy in the book. She is a wonder to watch whenever she is with an animal. (She cannot abide snakes or rats, though--will not work with them if she can help it. The practice she is at does not handle reptiles and only one of the drs. handles rodents--and he isn't the dr. she works for. She got lucky.)

A and her husband have three pets--ONLY three?--a dog and two cats. While the cats are allowed to be just cats, the dog is being trained. Last night when we were talking, I heard a bell. When I asked her what that noise was, she informed me that the dog rang the bell to let her know he wanted to go outside! EXCUSE ME!!!!! One smart dog, that one is.

A and her husband had their first wedding party over the weekend. I think this "almost eloping" might be the way to go when getting married: when all is said and done, they will have had AT LEAST four separate parties/receptions! Her friends from work threw the party last weekend, I will have a small get-together here at the house in May, and in June there will be one at her in-laws' place, and C will have a party for them up north! They should have a nice haul when it is all over with! :) And the best part of all: I WILL NOT HAVE TO DO TOO MUCH PLANNING OR WORK!! YIPPEE!!

(An update: I am still getting quite a few hits from the article I was quoted in. I am amused!)

2 comments:

  1. I wish your daughter had been around when Grandma's attack rooster was alive. Might have saved us from a lot pain and suffering, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And knowing her, she would probably be able to tame even an attack rooster! :)

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...