Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Mini Chapel

I don't really know what the reason is behind a mini-chapel, but there seem to be a few all over the world. Some were built as shrines, some are there for travelers to use for worship, and some are just novelty items. I am not sure why the one was built in Niagara Falls. I wish I would have taken a picture of the inside, looking from the outside. Unfortunately, you couldn't take a pic that really showed what the inside was like. Any pic of the inside just made it look much bigger than it actually was. (Don't know what kind of optical illusion was in effect for THAT to happen!) The "aisle" was barely wide enough for two people to stand side-by-side. There was a pew on each side of the aisle, facing the center of the chapel. Because we "sardined" 10 people into the place, no one had the opportunity to sit during the ceremony. And there were three of us taking pictures the entire time--made for some interesting shots of backs, bald spots, and hands. Needless to say, the Pastor REALLY didn't need to heat the place up before the wedding. (He brought in heaters so the bride wouldn't be cold.) With ten people standing "ass-to-jowl" in a little room, our collective body heat was more than enough to make the place toasty!

There will be more pictures posted in a few days. I have to sort them out, first.

1 comment:

  1. That is just to funny! Like a little Barbie church! That pic was really, really cute though.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...