Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Cat Lover

I love cats. I know, this makes me less of a good person in some people's eyes, but, whatever. Cats are not like dogs--DUH! Dogs will crawl all over themselves just to make a person happy--cats couldn't care less if their person is happy. As long as a cat is fed, the litter is clean, and they can sleep where ever and whenever they want, it's good enough for them. I love cats' "I don't give a shit" attitude. And cats definitely have a lot of attitude. The world would be a better place if more of us were a little bit like cats: just do what we WANT, not what others always think we should. (That is, as long as we aren't hurting anyone.)

My cat is the queen of the world--and she lets me know that at every opportunity. She came in bed with me again last night, and proceeded to sleep across my left leg. Now, this wouldn't be that big of a problem except for the fact she weighs somewhere in the vicinity of 16 pounds! This really is a bit uncomfortable for me, but does she care? NOOOOOO!!!!!! She is happy and comfortable, so I should be okay with that. And she has the gall to give me dirty looks if I try to move her! Queen of the world, like I said!

The attitude of hers that I can really do without is the one where she feels she doesn't have to work for her keep. You know, where she could be catching flies, spiders, and various other bugs, or catching, and killing, the occasional mouse I get in the house. But will she put herself out enough to help me? Again, NOOOOOO!!!!!! If there is a fly in the window, she will sit on the windowsill and call for me, asking me to kill the damn thing. Once it is dead, she will sniff it and then leave for her post-breakfast, pre-snack, nap. Thank you very much! And she was NO help with the last mouse we had--she just sat there and stared at it, looking at me every once in awhile as if to say, "Well, are you going to DO something about this?" And she doesn't even have the decency to act embarrassed by this! She has forgotten that her cousins are the king of the jungle, obviously.

Another attitude she has is the one where she ALLOWS me to pet her--and I should be grateful for the opportunity, in her eyes. Of course, she is not happy if I should decide to stop petting her before she is done being petted. The act of stopping too soon will produce a series of headbumps to my leg--actually hard enough to leave bruises, sometimes--until I resume the petting. Oh, the life of a cat! If there was such a thing as reincarnation, I would LOVE to come back as a cat living in a household like mine--then I could be queen of the world, too.

Here is a picture of her sunning herself:
And here is picture of her being quite indifferent:
She IS one fluffy kitty cat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...