Tuesday, April 18, 2006

On To The Playoffs!

I'm sitting here feeling a bit depressed because the Red Wings lost their last regular season game tonight. Even though it didn't mean a thing in terms of standings, etc., it would have been nice for them to go into the playoffs with a win. Oh, well, Friday starts the playoffs and, essentially a whole new season. They will be playing Edmonton for the first round and I am hopeful they will do well--the regular season was absolutely awesome for them, so they have a good chance for the Cup this year. We will see.

If all of the rounds go the full seven games to determine the winners, we could be watching hockey all the way into June! Yeah! It would be nice, but I couldn't take that many nerve-wracking games, so I will hope for easy, short rounds and a quick end to the season--hopefully with the Red Wings bringing home the Cup! Go Wings!

3 comments:

  1. Being born and raised in Philadelphia I'm a diehard Flyers fan...

    But they really haven't done all that great since 75' & 76' now have they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry your team lost.

    Interesting post about A. Isn't it amazing how time can fly when you're on the phone?

    Btw, how are C and Grace doing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. RT: Yeah the Flyers didn't do as well as the Wings, but they still made the playoffs! I haven't always been a Wings fan--I was the world's biggest Bruins fan in the 70s when they were GREAT. Esposito, Cheevers, Sanderson, and, of course, Bobby Orr were all playing then--what a team. I did like the Flyers, too, though--they sure knew how to hit back then! :) (Also, I have JUST gotten back into the game after too long of a time not watching. What a waste of too many years on my part!)

    cantellya: Grace is doing just fine--as are all of the kids. C just doesn't know what she is going to do this summer: she will have TWO toddlers running around (and the operstive word is RUNNING) and a baby beginning to move on her own. It will be interesting and if she thinks she is busy NOW, just wait!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...