Monday, April 24, 2006

Monday Blahs

You would think a person who is a stay-at-home wouldn't get the Monday blahs. I don't know what it is about Monday, but it isn't a favorite day of the week. I suppose the fact that it is cloudy, cool, and grey outside has something to do with the way I am feeling. It is supposed to rain/snow tonight. Yeah.

I usually have tons of phone calls to make on Mondays. You know the kind: those phone calls that you think about making all weekend long but can't because the people you need to talk to don't work weekends. For someone who lives with a shift worker, businesses that don't have weekend hours just seem so wrong on so many levels. Or, are businesses WITH weekend hours the ones that are wrong?

K is in the middle of his fourth week without a day off--and I am the one feeling burnt out! How can that be? Right now he is scheduled to be off on Friday and we won't know till Thursday whether or not that will happen. Yeah: overtime--feast or famine. Well, we need the money as car insurance is going to be due and we have to pay off our trip to Canada. Another thing to be mad at Canada for: K having to work overtime! (j/k) :) K works at an electrical power plant, so, being a public utility, workers can be FORCED to work overtime if the need exists. K does mostly volunteer overtime 'cause he can pick and choose his times and days to work, rather than have them dictate to him.

I'm still trying to get over the Red Wings losing to Edmonton yesterday--this after BARELY winning the first game of the series! I hate to say it, but, if they don't start playing any better, and lose the series, they deserve it. The Wings had the best record in the league and Edmonton JUST made it into the playoffs, yet they are making life hell for the Wings--what gives? Hopefully tomorrow's game will be A LOT better. Go Wings?

1 comment:

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...