Thursday, April 27, 2006

Songs You Love To Hate and Some Cuteness

Over on CNN.com they have a story about the worst songs of all time. I guess they asked their readers to send them their choices and they have published the five top vote-getters. Here they are:

5. "Seasons in the Sun," by Terry Jacks. This is a definite classic. If you don't remember this, it is only because you don't know the title. I can GUARANTEE you have heard it at some point in your life.

4. "I've Never Been To Me," by Charlene. I am sure I have heard this, but it really doesn't ring a bell.

3. "You Light Up My Life," by Debby Boone. This one has to be the most over-played song of all time. Even if you DID like it when it first came out, you were trying to gouge out your eardrums with anything handy (paper clips, soup spoons, car keys, pencils, etc.) by the time they stopped playing it.

2. "Muskrat Love," by The Captain and Tennille. What more can you say.

And the all time worst song, as voted by the people:

1. "(You're) Having My Baby," by Paul Anka. WHAT was he thinking?

I'm not sure if I feel these were MY top five worst songs, but they sure are at the top of my list. I will think on it for a few days and post some of my picks. What are YOUR picks for worst songs? You can read the rest of the article here.

For those of you who take exception to "Muskrat Love" being named a bad song, you can go here for some of the cutest darn pictures of otters you have ever seen. I believe a muskrat is just another name for a river otter. (We used to have a family living in the stream that used to run next to The Parent's house when I was growing up. Totally adorable.)

6 comments:

  1. My all time most hated song is "American Pie" by Don McClean...

    And ironically I know every word, and I be you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:02 AM

    I would have to say 'Don't Worry-Be Happy" drove me nuts, got stuck in your head. Most of us who had weddings in the '70s chose "You Light Up My Life"-I, of course with my sick sense of humor, had it sung by a guy, while we were lighting the candle. Also hated "Loving You" with the screecching parts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has to be "The One Eyed, One Horned, Flying Purple People Eater!" (sure sounds BAD to me) ~ jb///

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I agree with ya that "You Light Up My Life" was the most over-played song ever. BTW, if you're curios as to why Debbie Boone didn't have a follow-up song I know the reason. Too long to put here but an interesting story of someone sticking to her morals no matter the cost.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I'll say is that I remember 2 of those songs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. MMMM Bop, by Hanson is the worst song ever. Highly irritating sugary lyrics sung by pre-pubescent boys, and whether you like it or not, it's stuck in your head....

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...