Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Life Goes On

I can't believe it has been so many days since I actually posted, but life has been a bit hectic. Here's what has been going on:

On Sunday we had to go to Rhinelander to see K's sister , who took an early retirement staring last Friday. She said she didn't want a party and we said, "Who cares! PARTY TIME!!!!!" So the extended fam and some close friends descended on their house and we had food for days--and ate it all in a matter of a few hours! Needless to say, I felt like a tick full of a blood meal on our drive back home.

We got home in the early evening and I had to start getting us ready to go to Appleton for Monday and Tuesday. Of course, we didn't think past our a--holes or we could have just stayed at the sis's and left from there on Monday morning. K and I have gotten into the habit/routine/agreement of: he will do all the driving on our trips and I will do everything else. This means I get the house taken care of, the cat squared away, the packing done, the garbage done, call-forwarding set, etc., etc., etc. So this is another reason I sleep when we travel: I'm exhausted by the time we hit the dusty trail!

Our routine is pretty well set when we get to Appleton: eat breakfast, do some shopping, check-in at the hotel, more shopping, back to the hotel, go out to eat with J & S, go to the next eating establishment for dessert, back to the hotel to sleep, breakfast in the AM, finish shopping, head back home. Not what you would actually call a vacation, but it sure breaks up the daily routine at home. And K really needed the time away: he finally finished up the overtime work. He went over thirty days without a day off. Poor guy was tired.

I am in the beginning planning stages for the open-house we are giving A and the new hubby later this month. There won't be all that many people here, but in our relatively small place, it will seem like a lot. I also have the UP Finnish mentality about food: you NEVER run out of anything your guests might want, so you make (at the very least) twice as much food as you could possibly need. That said, I have to start getting food preparation done beginning yesterday! So much to do, so little time. But it will be fun.

While I am not prepared to talk about it--emotionally I am a wreck--the Red Wings lost their game last night and are out of the playoffs in the first round. The memorial service will be held at a later date. (In other words: the Red Wings are dead to me! And this will last all of about three days and I will start planning for next year--THE YEAR THEY WILL WIN IT ALL!! Lord Stanley's Cup will, once again, be with it's rightful owners: the Detroit Red Wings!)

I will wait till later in the week, hoping to get more comments on the worst songs of all time, and then I will list them in a regular post--along with some that drive me insane. Tell everyone you know to give suggestions and I will list them all then.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't that a CANADIAN trophy? ;-) LOL ~ jb///

    ReplyDelete
  2. (hangs head in shame) I know.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...