Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Fun, Fun, Fun

I believe I am just about back to myself after the last couple of weeks getting ready for the party. I don't do this stuff anymore--we lead a very quiet life and all the hubbub does take a toll. Now, I'm not saying I don't enjoy having the people around and all of the prep work for the party--it's just that it is something I am not used to. I got tired! We are just about all out of "party food, " so I will have to start cooking again in the next few days. Life will be back to usual.

K is off of work till the first of June. He had scheduled the 21st through the 24th as vacation days when we thought A was getting married on the 20th and just never cancelled. I love my husband very much, but I really think I am going to put us into deep debt just so he will NEVER be able to retire! He drives me absolutely crazy when he doesn't have to go to work! I guess it wouldn't be so bad if he had a hobby, but most of those have gone by the wayside. He has always loved to be out in the yard, gardening or doing yardwork. Well, several years ago when he was working much overtime, I hired someone to come in and do the mowing, etc. He continues to do the yardwork so that K can do the gardening in his spare time. However, since the flood in 2003, K hasn't really gotten his mindset back into gardening--last year he planted tomatoes and the animals ate every last one of them--and he didn't really care! His plan was to get the gardens planted during this time off and he still hasn't made a move to do it. I wish I knew what to do to motivate him. At least, he got one of the air conditioners put in today--this will be very nice when it gets into the 80s later this week! He still has a week off, so maybe he'll get some more things done around here.

For the next several weeks there will be nothing on TV that will hold much interest for me. Starting in June there will be some series that will start their new seasons, so I will have things to tape then. Right now I will be trying to catch up on some of the DVDs we have--the last Harry Potter movie and Narnia, etc. I bought the first two seasons of the series Wings last night, so I will have several hours of stuff to watch there. I will have to see what movies I can tape--this is always a good time of the year for me to catch up on the ones I missed. I like to have something on the TV when I am doing other things: cooking, baking, ironing, playing my Gameboy, etc. I do love to multi-task.

2 comments:

  1. My husband is off for several days starting Friday. I never have to worry about too much togetherness because on any given day off he has, one of his four brothers who can't use the toilet without him showing them how to do it comes over wanting something.. Every time..

    I'll bet you'll love the latest Potter installment. I did. The special effects get better with every movie. I haven't seen Narnia yet. Enjoy Wings as well, I always loved that show!! Lowell is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How things change! Hubby got a call Wednesday AM and now is doing overtime every day till his next regular day to work on Thursday!

    Red: Didn't get to either of the movies, but DID (unfortunately) watch War of the Worlds, which hubby taped for me. A TOTAL waste of time. All of the special effects seem to be right out of the old version of the movie.

    Tab: I have a Gamecube, also--can't wait for the Wii to come out! I play the Zelda games, almost exclusively. As for summertime fun: I REALLY am not an outdoors sort of person--I have real issues with stinging insects--but I do love to work in my flower garden. I haven't done much in the garden in the past couple of years--long story--but probably will be back at it big time this year. My favorite time of year is the fall--when it is crisp and cold outside. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...