Thursday, May 18, 2006

Crazy Busy

Just popping in for a short time today...I am just crazy busy here. And I will be through the weekend. We are having a small open house for A and her husband on Saturday and I am trying to get things done. So far, I have gotten the house cleaned--and believe me when I say it needed it. I kept expecting the health department inspectors to show up and condemn my house! (Needless to say, I am no longer Suzy Homemaker...the anal retentive nutcase I used to be!) Anyway, tonight, tomorrow, and Saturday will be all about the food prep...and I am soooooo afraid I haven't planned enough food to feed everyone! Every time I plan a "get-together," I worry about running out of food. I NEVER have, but there is always a first time. I am expecting no more than 30 people, so I hope I will have enough.

Anyway, I don't know if I will have time to post before next week, so I will leave you with this--hope you get a little chuckle out of it!

Material Things

A very successful lawyer parked his brand new Lexus in front of the office, ready to show it off to his colleagues.

As he got out, a truck came along too close to the curb and completely tore off the driver’s door. Fortunately, a cop in a police car was close enough to see the accident and pulled up behind the Lexus, his lights flashing.

But, before the cop had a chance to ask any questions, the lawyer started screaming hysterically about how his Lexus, which he had just picked up the day before, was now completely ruined and would never be the same, no matter how the body shop tried to make it new again.

After the lawyer finally wound down from his rant, the cop shook his head in disgust and disbelief. “I can’t believe how materialistic you lawyers are,” he said. “You are so focused on your possessions that you neglect the most important things in life.”

“How can you say such a thing?” asked the lawyer.

The cop replied, “Don’t you even realize that your left arm is missing? It got ripped off when the truck hit you!”

“Oh, my God!” screamed the lawyer. “My Rolex!”

4 comments:

  1. Sadly, I know people who would be just as upset about the Rolex...

    Good luck with your open house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You failed to mention that the lawyer was from Philadelphia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eye opening post! :)
    Open house sounds like fun!
    I'll pray for "your boy." I'll pray that your heart isn't so heavy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I work with a lot of lawyers and this Rolex thing could be true for several of them that I know! ~ But others are just nice folks with a VERY good understanding of English. ~ jb///

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...