Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day!

For all who read this blog--and are mothers--I hope you have a great day today.

Mother's Day is one of those holidays which has been rather hard for me over the years. Way too many years I have not been on good terms with my mother--this year is no exception. So, while I give her gifts and cards, I don't make a point of calling her to see how her day is going. No big deal--at least I acknowledge the day.

For far too many years, things haven't been good with one or the other of my girls, either. (Boy, I can't get along with ANYONE, can I?) This is the first year, in a long, long, time, where all is well. Today I can actually be happy that the day will be acknowledged by, at least one, of my kids. So far, C sent me an e-card and she said the "hard copy" cards will be here tomorrow or Tuesday. But that is expected from her--she is late for EVERYTHING! I haven't heard from A yet, but I expect she will call later.

K has never let a Mother's Day go by without getting me a card or a gift. This year was no exception. I actually thought he wasn't going to acknowledge the day, but he did--with a beautiful pair of earrings! Every day I realize what a great guy he is--I guess I'll keep him around for awhile longer!

So, to say it again:

Happy
Mother's
Day

2 comments:

  1. I'm always late for everything too..

    I'm glad you had a good day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day!

    (Even if I'm a day late...)

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...