Sunday, May 28, 2006

Niagara Falls Pics

I figured it is about time to post a few more of the pictures I took when we were in Niagara Falls. I thought they were kind of neat.

This first pic is of the American Falls. The American Falls are higher than the Horseshoe (or Canadian) Falls at 184 feet high. The Horseshoe Falls are 177 feet high.

Also, you can see the observation platform way on the left side (it looks like a bridge that isn't completed)--this was built because the view of the falls on the American side isn't as spectacular as it is on the Canadian side. Of course, the city you see at the top is Niagara Falls, New York.


This next pic is of the Horseshoe Falls. I really don't know when the really good pictures that we all are familiar with are taken, because the entire time we were there, the mist was so thick that you really couldn't see the falls that well. Maybe you have to be in a certain place to get the really good shots.



Here is a shot of the Canadian skyline overlooking the falls. We stayed in the Embassy Suites, the building in the middle that is to the right of the Minolta Tower.


And finally, here is the Skylon Tower. It overlooks the falls and is 520 feet high--the tallest structure in Niagara Falls. You can take the elevator (the yellow car on the outside of the tower) up to the revolving restaurant or the observation deck. On a clear day, you can see for 80 miles from the observation deck.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I think I like the Horseshoe Falls the best. Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...