Thursday, September 08, 2005

A Horse of a Different Color

The particular "horse" I am talking about is the orange 1965 Mustang that has been sitting in my yard for over 3 and a half years. K always wanted an old Mustang, so he bought this one to "fix up." Frankly, I thought the thing was an eye-sore and not worth the money he spent on it. I think what really made me be against the damn thing was this: he informed me one evening that the car would be delivered the following morning while he was at work! He NEVER even mentioned that he was thinking about buying it--probably because he knew I would have vetoed the decision. Now, don't get me wrong, I have no problem if he wants to get himself a "toy." I just want him to have a toy that he can actually play with! This car was driven ONCE--to the garage where an oil change was done. I can't believe it ran well enough to get it there and back, but that was the last time it left our yard. There was NO WAY K was ever going to restore it, because we don't even have a garage for him to do the work in. So, the reason I'm even mentioning this: K has decided to sell the car! Yippee!! The one who will be buying it came to look at it today and if all goes well, I will not have to look at the orange horse after the end of this month. Hopefully K will have learned his lesson and the next Mustang he buys will already have been restored--a plan I could really get behind!

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Yeaaaaaaa! I'm happy for ya!
    M finally got rid of the uglyass station wagon he had sitting in our driveway.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...