Saturday, September 03, 2005

My Rant

I spent quite a bit of time this evening reading comments people have about the hurricane. Everyone is just as horrified as I am over the destruction and loss of human life, but one thing that has me angry is the finger-pointing that is going on. Accusations are being made about every aspect of this tragedy--from why and how it happened to how it is being handled. While reading some of the comments I can actually "read" the looks of absolute happiness on the faces of the writers because they are able to blame someone or something they hate. Why are people so petty that they have to use a tragedy such as this to further their hatred and political agendas? I read horrid comments from people on the far-left, on the far-right, and everyone in between, and I want to say, "SHAME ON YOU!" Whatever has happened up to this moment, whether criticism is justified or not, this is not the way to get this situation fixed. If you don't like the way the government is handling the relief efforts, find a private organization and offer your help. If you don't like the way a large organization is taking care of things, find a small, grass-roots group you can support. Sitting around bitching and moaning is NOT going to help those people that need help. Finger pointing and name calling just makes those that are suffering feel worse and it certainly doesn't do a damn thing towards getting food to a hungry child! If you aren't going to be part of the solution in a substantial way, then you are a big part of the problem! Find some way to help and leave the hatred for others by the wayside until this is over.

Here is a forum started by an individual wanting to help. Everyone can do something constructive. Let's all quit bitching and start doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...