Thursday, June 29, 2006

Disturbing

I just read an article in the newspaper the Telegraph (a British paper) about how family members of soldiers in Iraq are getting phone calls saying their loved ones are dead--or about to be killed--as well as other 'nuisance' type of calls. These calls are being made by people with "a poor command of English or with a Middle Eastern accent." It seems that, with modern technology, insurgents have managed to hack into mobile phone systems and have obtained numbers from soldiers' mobile phones.

What kind of an asshole would do something like this? I cannot imagine how terrible it would be for a wife to get such a call about her husband. Unfortunately, as these calls seem to originate in Iraq, it seems nothing can be done about it.

The article just talks about these calls being about British soldiers and not American. I haven't seen or heard anything about this happening here in the States and I have to wonder: are no calls being made to the US or is the left-leaning press just not reporting this story? After all, this DEFINITELY cannot be spun in a politically correct way.

Here is a link to the article.

1 comment:

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...